- Posted 25 October 2022
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameBrian Magna
Provide electrical and automation controls engineering support for production of polyimide film. Position supports or leads projects to improve product and process stability, plant capacity expansion, and new product introduction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for development, improvement, and maintenance of electrical and control systems for automation within the polyimide film manufacturing process.
- Developing and communicating specifications for electrical controls, automation hardware, software components and systems.
- Develop operating procedures, acceptance test and validation test plans and protocols.
- Design, develop, upgrade, and debug sequence control logic, PLC programs, electrical control systems.
- Participate in guiding and developing activities for factory automation through development of automation standards and plant-specific software and database applications
- Troubleshoot hardware and software components and sub-systems.
- Collect and analyze performance data from equipment and automated processes to evaluate plant performance.
- Support automated optical surface inspection and defect classification system.
- Manage plant improvement capital projects as needed.
- Manage, execute, and/or support management of change (MOC) work processes as needed.
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the workplace, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience in production or engineering role.
- Professional/Technical Capability - Perform specific tasks/ phases of work with moderate difficulty and complexity effectively and efficiently (apply and utilize work experience and expertise).
- Process Efficiency - Work process improvement on day-to-day operations/assignments.
- Facilitating Teamwork - Collaborate, coordinate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders/business partners.
- Coaching/Mentoring - Provide support and advice (in operational aspects) to others with less experience.
- CSR Compliance - Exhibit Leadership & Commitment to Company CSR Policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures, and identified best practices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking, grasping, and lifting/moving up to 15 pounds.
- Must have the ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
For more information about this opportunity, please apply to the role directly or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.