- Posted 05 October 2022
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameBrian Magna
Senior Process Engineer, Nutrients
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and working to improve plant processes. In monitoring or troubleshooting the process, the incumbent must collect the necessary data and use statistical techniques, plant procedures, and knowledge of the process to ensure plant performance is maintained or restored. For improving the process, the incumbent must evaluate assigned projects for their impact on safety, environmental compliance, product quality and production rates, and ensure each project moves forward based on priority.
Areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring and troubleshooting operating conditions, production rate, quality and yield.
- Proposing modifications to the process that improve plant performance.
- Ensuring correct design and installation of new equipment.
- Executing special process studies, capital projects, and process safety projects.
- Overseeing less-experienced engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor process conditions for opportunities to improve safety, productivity, quality, and cost and ensure stable operations by minimization of downtime events.
- Interface with production supervision and operators to ensure the accuracy of collected data and support troubleshooting during process upsets.
- Seek out innovative solutions to existing process problems.
- Propose modifications to existing processes and execute the Management of Change (MOC’s) process where applicable.
- Update P&IDs and process safety information (PSI) records.
- Lead problem solving exercises by utilization of root cause analysis tools and identification of corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead PSSR teams and participate on HAZOP teams and PHA revalidation exercises.
- Scope and execute safety compliance actions items including MOC actions, PHA revalidation recommendations and actions, and any other PSM/RMP audit or compliance related actions.
- Design new vessels, equipment, piping, and containment or evaluate existing installations.
- Request quotes from vendors for new or replacement vessels, equipment, etc.
- Scope and execute medium-sized capital projects.
- Schedule project work to minimize the impact on production.
- Coordinate the production portion of new product projects and plant trials as required.
- Prepare environmental reports.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, safety incidents investigations and implementation of corrective actions, committees, teams and by conducting safety audits and safe work permit audits.
- Develop a functional knowledge of the plant process computer control systems sufficient to retrieve data and troubleshoot process problems.
- Work with Engineering, Maintenance and Technical as necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Lead cross functional/site teams as assigned.
- Must demonstrate the following emotional intelligence skills:
- Emotional Empathy
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the workplace, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
· Bachelors of Science degree in engineering required.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
· 8+ years of experience in production or engineering role within chemical processing preferred.
- Professional/Technical Capability - Perform specific tasks/ phases of work with limited/low complexity (applying established process, past business cases and expertise from education) in a stable manner.
- Learning initiative/Adaptability - Learn work process and gain work knowledge through real work experience.
- Process Efficiency -Work process improvement on day-to-day operations/assignments.
- Policy Compliance - Follow all company and operational policies and procedures.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills - Accurate and timely reporting/ communication/ consultation to supervisor.
- CSR Compliance - Exhibit Leadership & Commitment to Company CSR Policies; support and actively participate in ensuring your actions comply with site CSR policies, procedures, and identified best practices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking, grasping, and lifting/moving up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen.
· Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.