- Posted 20 September 2023
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameSarah Ghaziri
I am working with a global pioneer dedicated to the promise of biosimilars who are on their search for a Director of Microbiology. You will play a crucial role in overseeing the microbiology department which ensures the safety and quality of the sterile manufacturing environment.
Please note this is a full-time onsite position. The location of this role is confidential until pre-screening has taken place.
About this role:
As a Director, you will head a team of 20 microbiologists. Your responsibilities include overseeing routine environmental monitoring activities, product testing, supporting laboratory investigations, and maintaining the laboratory's general operations. Your dedication will be instrumental in ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality are met.
You will be responsible for:
As a Microbiology Director, you will:
- Provide leadership and oversight to a department of microbiologists.
- Ensure the microbiology laboratory functions smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead the Environmental Monitoring program and ensure monitoring is conducted as scheduled.
- Ensure product testing is completed within defined timelines.
- Review procedures and practices within Microbiology, updating them to comply with cGMP and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate and lead microbial method-related investigations and deviations.
- Offer guidance to ensure the department maintains the required level of scientific expertise.
- Develop strategies to ensure continuous adherence to regulatory and company standards, driving improvements.
- Lead the implementation of new microbial methods and technologies related to endotoxin, bioburden, and sterility testing.
You will bring the following:
- Bachelor's in Microbiology or a related field; a Master's Degree is preferred.
- 12+ years of direct industry experience in the biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical sector, focussed on Microbiology within a GMP environment.
- In-depth knowledge of current regulatory requirements supporting Aseptic manufacturing and cGMP operations.
- Extensive line management experience, strong leadership and organisational skills with a team-player mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred experience with electronic systems such as LIMS, Veeva, EDMS, MODA, etc.