- Posted 30 November 2022
- Salary 170,000-200,000
- LocationSouth San Francisco
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NamePavlina Bullaj
BioTalent is working with an early-stage biotechnology company focused on developing precision medicines for neurological and immunological diseases.
They are seeking a dedicated and experienced medicinal chemist to join a dynamic team in an exciting start-up environment to discover breakthrough therapies. Reporting to the SVP of Chemistry & DMPK, the person will actively lead medicinal chemistry efforts to execute company strategies and goals. The ideal candidate has the combination of deep understanding of medicinal chemistry and technical proficiency required to lead the rapid optimization, improvement, and advancement of chemical leads. The individual will also have the skills and experience to manage external partners charged with medicinal chemistry projects. Outstanding candidates are those that think strategically and creatively about delivering candidates for clinical drug development.
- Analyze and interpret in vitro and in vivo biological ADME/PK data and use SAR analysis and visualization tools to optimize the properties of chemical matter.
- Synthesize and formulate medicinal chemistry strategies to design target molecules that can become candidates for clinical development.
- Oversee project chemistry delivered by CROs from hit identification through selection of drug candidates for clinical development.
- Collaborate with legal and others to proactively formulate and execute strategies to protect and expand intellectual property.
- Collaborate and communicate across dynamic multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., DMPK & CMC teams) to achieve high productivity and solve challenging problems.
- Identify and advocate for new ideas and innovative approaches in chemistry to increase the output of drug development processes.
- Role model scientific excellence and mentor and develop staff in order to build the company’s long-term internal chemistry capabilities.
- Expert understanding of the full range of medicinal chemistry concepts, including drug-like properties, protein-ligand interactions, and conformational and structural analysis, typically with a Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry training.
- Working knowledge of PK-ADME, physicochemical, biochemical and pharmacological principles and their application to drug discovery.
- Ability to translate organic and medicinal chemistry knowledge into solutions, typically acquired through 6+ years of pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry industrial experience.
- Demonstratable track record of using sophisticated problem-solving and creativity to achieve superior outcomes in medicinal chemistry efforts.
- Experience in cross-functional project leadership.
- Verbal and written communication skills to the level of effectively producing clear and persuasive presentations of medicinal chemistry’s progress, results and strategies.
- Ability to manage timeline and multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
The Company requires employees and guests who enter our workspace to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical condition or religious belief that prevents an employee from being vaccinated, they will consider whether they can make a reasonable accommodation.