Back to jobs
- Posted 27 July 2023
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameGreg Hammond
BioTalent are searching for an Associate Director of External Manufacturing to join an exciting Cell Therapy company based in London. As the Associate Director of External Manufacturing, you will provide operational and technical oversight of Contract Manufacturing and Development Organizations (CDMOs) within our growing external manufacturing network, you will be accountable for product supply from CDMOs and cross-functional leadership of virtual site teams consisting of MSAT, QA, QC and Supply chain.
This role will offer you:
- An opportunity to join a world leader within Cell Therapy and be influential in the direction of the company.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead matrixed teams internally and with CDMOs to support GMP production, including production of plasmid DNA, viral vector, and cell drug product (as required).
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation initiativeto enhance manufacturing efficiency, productivity, and quality.
- Develop and lead cross-functional virtual site teams (VSTs) that include representatives from MSAT, Quality, QC, and Supply Chain and are accountable for product supply from CDMOs
- Proactively identify potential manufacturing risks and challenges and develop contingency plans to address issues that may arise during production.
- Plan, track, and manage manufacturing timelines, deliverables, and budgets for multiple projects simultaneously.
You will bring the following:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in a Scientific or Engineering discipline along with significant industry experience managing external partners.
- Strong knowledge of Cell and Gene Therapy manufacturing processes preferred, biopharma experience essential.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards and quality systems in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Strong project management, organization, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills and experience.