- Posted 08 November 2022
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameJames Hume
This Senior Scientist Genome Engineering opportunity is with a pioneering company developing scalable allogenic manufacture based on iPSC technology. With the benefit of providing low cost, off the shelf to significantly improve patient outcomes. They are located in Belgium and are undergoing a period of expansion based on the demand for their expertise. Their technology is based on pluripotent stem cells because of their belief in their potential to achieve better outcome faster. They have pioneering genome engineering capabilities and are seeking a Senior Scientist to drive forward their research to further expand their capabilities.
This role will offer you
- The opportunity to join a company at the cutting edge of what is capable with gene editing and iPSC’s
- The ability to use your science creatively to solve complex challenges and explore what is possible.
- The chance to be a part of a dynamic Biotech with the opportunity to gain exposure to progress your career.
You will be responsible for
- Lead the development and delivery of new genome editing strategies for the generation of hiPSC based therapies.
- Assess new approaches to develop and optimise new gene editing methods, design strategies, and genotyping workflows.
- Develop and run assays for the characterisation of programmes e.g PCR and flow cytometry.
- Provide scientific expertise as the SME to the team.
- Guide and mentor more junior team members including troubleshooting.
- Represent the group in inter departmental meetings.
- Horizon scan for new ideas and stay up to date with developments in the sector and where relevant build a case to adopt these.
You will bring the following
- Hold an MSc or PhD in a relevant Life Sciences field
- Experience in the use of CRISPR for the editing and manipulation of cells.
- Experience of working with mammalian cells / stem cells / iPSC cells.
- Molecular biology experience such as PCR, flow cytometry and transfections for example
- Ability to innovate and contribute to IP
BioTalent Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this opportunity. To find out more about this exciting opportunity, email@example.com with your CV.