- Posted 04 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameYasin Ahmad
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist - Immunology Biotech
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Our client are a leading biotechnology company specializing in auto-immune/inflammatory research and the development of innovative therapies for various immunological disorders. Who are committed to advancing scientific knowledge and improving the lives of patients worldwide through cutting-edge research and development.
We are seeking a dedicated and talented Senior Research Scientist with a strong background in immunology to join our team
- Utilizing knowledge to contribute to the progression of the pipeline projects and identification, triage and development of novel immunology targets.
- Working closely with multi-disciplinary teammates to run assays for compound screening, understanding mechanisms of action and identifying and validating novel targets.
- Responsible or developing in vitro assays relevant to autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
- Working closely with the laboratory team to ensure best practice for experimental work and maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Participate in establishing and executing the drug discovery strategy.
- Participate in integrated research activities in the field of drug discovery by collaborating with
- Contract Research Organisations.
- PhD in immunology or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in biotech/pharma
- Experienced in in vitro immune cell cultures including isolating, differentiating, culturing and profiling adaptive and innate immune cells
- Hands-on experience with standard immunological techniques including, immunofluorescence, immunoassays and flow cytometry, and experience with assay development.
- Understanding of in vitro and in vivo models of immune-related diseases, and specifically translation between in vitro and in vivo studies
- Ability to creatively apply a variety of scientific concepts to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- This job will require someone who is already based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate to the Netherlands (Dutch or EU Citizens)