Back to jobs
Principal Project Engineer
- Posted 28 April 2023
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameSarah Ghaziri
I am seeking a talented and motivated Principal Project Engineer to join a groundbreaking Cell & Gene company based in London.
As Principal Project Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the execution of Capital/Equipment Projects and driving improvements in equipment and systems. Your expertise and hands-on approach will be instrumental in enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of our manufacturing operations.
This role will offer you:
- Work for a company offering a stimulating and rewarding environment where you can grow professionally, collaborate with industry leaders, make a significant impact, and contribute to the advancement of biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- As an employee, you will have access to advanced equipment and systems, enabling you to work with the latest tools and technologies in the industry
- Exposure to numerous clinical projects which have the potential to save lives
- Exposure to high visibility from the senior leadership team
- Opportunity to join one of the most rapidly expanding biopharmaceutical companies in the UK
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the development and implementation of documented policies and procedures for equipment/system implementation.
- Take charge of capacity improvement projects, including enhancing maintenance activities and equipment reliability.
- Track and manage equipment and facility projects, overseeing status meetings and mentoring staff from other departments.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for equipment automation systems.
- Ensure that all projects meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Engineering/Calibration/PPM/Estates activities related to facility, equipment, and systems for manufacturing.
- Support the procurement of suitable equipment/facilities for manufacturing and generate URS documents.
You will bring the following:
- Minimum of a BEng degree or equivalent accreditation in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Previous experience managing and leading projects.
- You must have in-depth working knowledge in a GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, with a preference for experience in biopharmaceutical/ATMP/CGT.
- Working knowledge of plant systems in pharmaceutical GMP facilities, including HVAC, electrical supply, and sterile utilities/Cleanroom.
- Proficiency in working with various equipment, such as isolators, incubators, bioreactors, chromatography, tangential flow filtration systems, temperature-controlled units, and filter integrity test systems.
- Experience with MES/SCADA systems and automation.
- Knowledge of Qualification and Validation principles and practice.