- Posted 21 September 2022
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameSam Heron
BioTalent is partnered on the scale up of a multiple VC backed, Boston based biotech company focused on the treatment of Neurodegenerative diseases through their unique Protein based thereapeutics.
You would be responsible for building out and leading the Drug Substance Development function. A critical role building out the functional area from the ground up, offering diverse responsibilites and advancing your skillset
- Lead the Drug Substance development programs for the pre-clinical and clinical therapeutics
- Lead Process Development of apolipoprotein based proteins for pre-clinical and clinical applications, allowing for Tech tansfer and scale-up at CDMO partners
- Build out the Drug Substance in line with continued company growth
- Oversee and manage the contracts, acitivies and relationships with CMO partners to ensure timely completions
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- PhD, MS or BS in Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related field
- At least 10 years biotech/pharma industry experience
- Expert technical knowledge of protein biologics process development
- Extensive knowledge in activities required for development of all aspects for process development and manufacturing (cell line, bioreactor, purification, formulation, fill/finish, analytics)
- Direct experience managing technical development programs
- Experience leading and supporting technical strategy development
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills are required.
- Passion for curing neurodegenerative diseases is a plus.