Back to jobs
Principal Scientist - Immunology
- Posted 22 February 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineResearch & Development
- Contact NameGreg Hammond
BioTalent are working with a fast growing immunotherapy company based in Cambridge to find a Principal Scientist – Immunology. As Principal Scientist, you will support our efforts in the Biology Team to identify, design and implement key assays to explore the biology of the companies targets and potential antibody therapeutics
This role will offer you
- An opportunity to take a lead on projects to develop impactful new medicines for patients.
- The opportunity to build and shape the future of the immunology department.
You will be responsible for
- Providing leadership and day-to-day management of in vitro immunology group to achieve project and organizational goals.
- Strategic direction of the immunology activities of the team to enable design and delivery of assays to support identification of hits and profiling of leads aligned with the target biology and mechanism.
- Hands on lab-based design, implementation, and evaluation of experiments to establish the efficacy of receptors/ligands/antibodies in T-cell, B-cell and in particular myeloid cellular models, including co-culture assays (for example DC – T cell antigen presentation)
- Immune cell profiling using a range of techniques including Elispot, FACS sorting/analysis, ELISA and killing assays
You will bring the following
- Degree or PhD in a relevant field along with experience working in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Prior experience leading projects in immunology is essential.
- Strong experience working in biopharmaceutical companies developing antibody based therapeutics.