This Histology opportunity is with a leading gene therapy company who are based in Amsterdam. They are one of the leaders in the market because of their success in having the first approved therapy in Western world, first commercially licensed manufacturing facility and their effective AAV based technology. They are seeking an Histology SME to play a key role in the running of their histology programmes across a range of tissue samples from pre clinical and non clinical samples. Working at the cutting edge of science and giving you the chance to use your skills to understand and solve problems. All the company’s histology programmes are run through this group meaning there is a steady flow of work across a range of approaches.
This role will offer you
- Lead the pool of Technicians in their day to day activities
- Ability to use your science in a creative way and to your full capability
- Play a key role in cutting edge research for advanced gene therapies
- Apply your expertise across a broad range of programmes, tissues, and technologies.
- Hybrid working is offered for this role
You will be responsible for
- Supervise a team of technicians - troubleshoot, guide, assist with planning and train
- Collaborate with the Group Leader on the management of external partnerships.
- Operate as the Histology SME
- Design and then oversee the execution of Histology studies and work with the Imaging team.
- Develop and transfer assays into the group.
- Work with a range of tissue samples from different sources
- Apply your expertise to interpret results and develop next steps.
- Responsibilities split between Office and Laboratory.
You will bring the following
- Hold a relevant PhD or Degree and subsequent experience – biology, neuroscience etc
- Demonstrable Histology experience with different tissue samples
- Experience of Immunocytochemistry and FISH
- Assay development and transfer experience
- Supervisory experience of technicians
- Experience in academic or commercial environment.
- Knowledge of neuroanatomy is advantageous but not essential.
BioTalent Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this opportunity. To find out more about this exciting opportunity, firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.