- Posted 20 September 2022
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameNatalie Wattenbach
Business Development Manager
Do you want to play a pivotal role in the success of a non-profit organisation who are passionate about the development of advanced life-changing therapies?
If so, BioTalent are looking for a Business Development Manager to join them as they continue to partner and collaborate with a small portfolio of businesses.
With a focus on building and managing a strong pipeline of businesses, you will be working alongside a number of key stakeholders whose aim it is to further accelerate the company and strengthen the manufacturing services on offer.
As part of an extended team, to deliver the business development strategy, aims, goals and targets of the company.
- Understand the evolving needs of the existing partnerships that are currently occupying the manufacturing innovations centres.
- Build and manage a pipeline of potential manufacturing Collaborators.
- Support the operations team where required in transacting ancillary fee for service work with Collaborators within the facility, for example QC services and facility modifications (via what we term Additional Input Agreements, AIAs)
- Maintain a key account plan for the portfolio of existing partnerships, ensuring a deep knowledge of their funding position, pipeline, investment plans, key contacts, company drivers and evolving needs
- Promote the company’s manufacturing support at conferences and via other outlets and build a pipeline of collaborators to work with at the centre(s)
- Support the wider BD team
- Identify opportunities for commercial projects teams at any site with the Collaborators manufacturing with us
- 5+ years recent experience working commercially in life science/therapeutic organisations
- Recent experience within a life science/therapeutic organisation, preferably within a GMP manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of creativity in establishing new strategies
- Demonstrable experience in contracting
- Wide UK network
- Strong technical awareness
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and practical
- Ability to accelerate the development of a commercial cell and gene-based therapy industry in the UK.
- High level interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills and emotional intelligence.
- Resilient, with the ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritise workload within a fast-paced professional environment, with a strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to learn quickly and respond flexibly to project needs and priorities.
- Flexibility towards work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to work independently and to be able to take the initiative when completing tasks.
- Ambitious, collaborative, driven.
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust.
- A positive attitude towards learning, personal and professional development.
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills. Understands influencing, stakeholder management and negotiation strategies.
Education / Qualifications
- BSc hons in a relevant life science