- Posted 05 February 2024
- Job type Contract
- Contact NameEmma Presley
Title: Real-world evidence Expert (RWE)
Location: Slough, England, United Kingdom
Hourly Rate: Competitive
Contract Type: Contract
As the RWE Expert, you will be responsible for designing and executing global real-world evidence (RWE) projects to:
• Inform strategic internal decision-making, thereby empowering differentiating R&D activities
• Support external decision making by supporting evidence needs for key stakeholder groups such as patients, regulators, policy makers, payers, and prescribers
• Contribute to the wider epidemiological and medical understanding of specific diseases
Working with the RWE data analyst team, the RWE strategy lead and internal stakeholders, the RWE expert represents RWE on various functional teams, including early/development solution teams, medical teams, patient safety, regulatory, market access/ HEOR, commercial/marketing and core launch teams. You will report into the RWE strategy lead.
- Provide input to the “Global RWE Strategy & Tactical Plan” based on requests from the RWE Strategy Lead.
- Lead RWE study design, planning and execution, including protocol development and analysis specification, following best methodological standards.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors on RWE projects to ensure successful completion.
- Collaborate with RWE analysts and statisticians to support protocol and analysis plan implementation.
- Driving interpretation of data analysis in collaboration with the RWE strategy lead & internal stakeholders; drive communication of RWE study progress and study results, both internally and externally.
- Provide RWE expertise to internal stakeholders based on RWE activities and robust epidemiological and medical understanding within target patient populations.
- Support the RWE strategy lead to ensure alignment of RWE tactics with overarching strategic plans.
- Represent RWE across different functional teams and promote scientifically sound RWE methods to various stakeholders.
- Drive innovative study designs, including new data sources and advanced analytics (incl. digital pharmacoepidemiology)
- Experience in having successfully delivered global and/or local RWE projects from conceptualisation to publication within the pharmaceutical industry (or with a recognised expert consultancy or academic centre of excellence), using primary as well as secondary data, such as large healthcare databases.
- Demonstrable publication record of high-quality research in relevant peer reviewed scientific and/or clinical journals
- Desirable/preferred experience: PhD in epidemiology, outcomes research or related fields.
- Depth and breadth of experience across a range of RWE study types and methodologies is a significant advantage