- Posted 12 January 2023
- Salary Up to £50,000 + bonus
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameNatalie Wattenbach
Category Procurement Specialist – Stevenage (flexible working options)
BioTalent are working with a non-profit organisation who are passionate about delivering life-changing advanced therapies. We are looking for a CIPS qualified (minimum level 4) qualified individual who has paramount experience in OJEU public procurement processes.
As the position is primarily focused in the indirect space, experience of working for a gene therapy / biotechnology company is not necessary. However, it is essential to have a strong understanding of complex category matters to ensure compliance with legislation.
The successful incumbent will act as an expert in all aspects of procurement and will be responsible for deploying the vision and plans of the Procurement Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The provision of expertise in all category areas - the Procurement Specialist will be the focal point for complex/category matters to ensure compliance with legislation and any government restrictions including OJEU processes.
- Providing support to the Procurement Manager and deputising when required for the Procurement Manager, together with day to day responsibility to deliver activity which reflects the needs of the business
- Principal interface with key stakeholders for all Categories. Proactively advising stakeholders on process, supply markets, timescales, supplier performance management, issues and procurement procedures etc.
- Analyse expenditure and initiate and negotiate detailed contracts to ensure added value
- Overseeing and advising on OJEU public procurement processes and procedures for the Company
- Delivering a range of category objectives, including financial savings and optimisation of the P2P process, framework use, and Supply Chain improvements
- Drafting of specifications, selection criteria, questionnaires, contract schedules and other documentation
- Managing e-sourcing and other purchasing systems, data, reports and records
- Preparation of evaluation briefs and evaluation models
- Responding to bidder queries
- Contribution to Value Teams evaluation
- Preparing reports and proposals; updating spreadsheets and general records
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop/maintain relationships, particularly with key stakeholders.
- Strong purchasing experience
- Diverse Category knowledge
- Advanced analytical/data skills
- A good understanding of financial systems and current software.
- Clear understanding, awareness and experience of handling tenders and framework call off in line with the Public Sector Regulations 2015 as amended. Working awareness of the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and Transfer of Undertaking for the Protection of Employees (TUPE).
- Proven and demonstrable general procurement and data handling skills within a similar organisational context. This includes knowledge and experience of contract management and legal aspects, category management and procurement in a category management environment.
- The ability to provide strategic advice and guidance, understanding risk appetites and application of the relevant laws.
- Adaptable to change in line with new emerging business drivers and government requirements.
Key Knowledge & Experience Required:
- CIPS Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Level 6 OR working towards this accreditation and works in accordance with the CIPS Code of Ethics
- Educated to at least A level or HND possess equivalent work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating proven ability to build trust and influence with across the organisation and with suppliers.
- The ability to demonstrate drive and personal effectiveness including excellent planning skills.
- Proven ability to focus on value for stake holders.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, takes initiative, when required
- Excellent organization skills and record keeping
- Accurate with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice
- Proven ability to engage constructively with all colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives