Bioprocessing Team Leader – Downstream – London
This is an opportunity to join a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing treatments for patients living with serious disease. Their core capabilities in viral vector design and optimisation and gene therapy manufacturing give them a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. They are looking for a Bioprocessing Team Leader to line manage a team of Senior Bioprocessing Scientists and their manufacturing operatives.
This role will offer you:
- Line management of 3 supervisors and up to 20 indirect reports.
- The opportunity to contribute to the business by effectively communicating business and operation goals, progress and updates within the manufacturing team.
- Opportunity to contribute to development of treatments for patients living with diseases.
You will be responsible for:
- Recruitment, onboarding and training of highly skilled manufacturing operatives.
- Ensuring that own work and that of the team complies with GMP, Data Integrity and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and is undertaken in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Work collaboratively across departments to deliver UK manufacturing performance targets and to solve problems and remove barriers constraining performance and improvement.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives that address recurring deviations, process yield opportunities, and other initiatives that improve the quality, safety, and eliminate waste and ensure high levels of supply reliability.
You will bring the following:
- Experience managing and overseeing advanced biochemical drug substance manufacturing to cGMP requirements.
- Experience managing operational health and safety in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Background in downstream bioprocessing.
- Experience in leadership, coaching and development of operational and technical teams with high potential individuals in organizations undergoing significant growth and change.
- Experienced with structured problem solving, identifies and resolves problems effectively and urgently; gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions; works very well in cross functional teams for problem solving.
- Continuous improvement mindset and capability within and across teams.
BioTalent Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this opportunity. To find out more about this exciting opportunity, email email@example.com with your CV.