- Posted 12 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameJames Hume
Upstream Process Development Scientist – London
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharma company developing the next generation of T-cell therapies for cancer treatment. They are developing complex, breakthrough therapies for a globally diverse market and they are looking for an Upstream Process Development Scientist to join the team and help in their pursuit of excellence. The successful candidate will be responsible for development and optimisation of manufacturing viral vectors, carry out maintains and setting up equipment (i.e. flow cytometers), small scale and large scale bioreactor cell culture activities and scale-up activities, delivery of adherent and suspension cell culture according to aseptic technique. If you enjoy a flexible, diverse and dynamic working environment which promotes creativity, leadership and teamwork, this is the role for you.
This role will offer you:
- A competitive salary, performance related bonus as well as private medical insurance, life assurance, pension and access to an employee share scheme.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with breakthrough therapies in the treatment of cancer, benefitting patients on a global scale.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development of processes suitable for the manufacture of viral vectors.
- Planning Design of Experiments (DoE) for viral vectors production in scale down models.
- Designing and executing experiments leading to the development and implementation of product and process improvements.
- Assisting in technology transfer to Manufacturing group.
You will bring the following:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biology/Biochemistry/Virology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology or related discipline with relevant industry or academic experience
- Familiar with a range of biopharmaceutical and cell-based techniques.
- Hands-on experience with the culture of mammalian cells.
- Production of relevant biological products in small scale bioreactors (proteins, viral vectors, etc).
- Good understanding of cell biology, virology and biochemistry.
- Process scale-up/ scale-out, and validation of manufacturing processes and controls (desirable).
- Fermentation, purification and/or cell culture skills (desirable).
BioTalent Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this opportunity. To find out more about this exciting opportunity, email email@example.com with your CV.