- Posted 18 November 2022
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameBrian Magna
Senior Project Engineer (I&E)
BioTalent has partnered with a global chemical manufacturing company who is seeking a Senior Project Engineer. This candidate will be responsible for working with production, maintenance, and technical groups to develop estimates and implement capital projects with a focus on electrical, instrumentation, and automation. They will resolve start-up issues, provide process improvements, and improve safety in addition to managing projects from the beginning through final documentation and project close out. The Senior Project Engineer will also mentor junior project engineers and contribute to their development.
- Direct and manage small to large capital project requirements from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support plant requirements in collaboration with management.
- Develop all associated project documents including detailed list of engineering and design specifications for the deliverables of the scope; Inquiry to Bid (ITB) packages for contractors and EPC firms, etc.
- Estimate project cost, submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Develop timelines and identify resources needed to execute the project on time and on budget.
- Select equipment, piping, electrical & instrumentation, civil, structural, vendor/contractors through the bid process when applicable.
- When required, negotiate with vendor/supplier to meet the project budget/process requirement.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other departments in timely and clear fashion.
- Communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Assist in transferring projects to the production department by ensuring proper operation of installed equipment and training personnel on new equipment/systems/processes.
- Participate in project HAZOPs and PHAs.
- Design and installation of non-process projects as required.
- Special projects and assignments as needed to support adminiatration and technical labs.
- Field supervision of contractors and engineering firms.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action.
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues with the area of responsibilities.
- 7+ years of electrical and instrumentation design & implementation required.
- 3+ years of project management required.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- AutoCAD & Microsoft Project
- MS Office
- Knowledge of 138KV Substation; 12.4KV, MCC, ETAP/SKM, Arc Flash
- DCS/PLC Automation (Honeywell, Emerson, Allen-Bradley, Yokogawa)
Work Environment/Physical Demands & Others Requirement
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available and moderate noise.
- Work in the plant will frequently be required, involving wet or humid conditions, moving parts, possible noise requiring hearing protection, and toxic or corrosive chemicals requiring the wearing of PPE.
- Work may require standing, walking, grasping, climbing ladders, and lifting/moving up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen is required.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.