- Posted 06 November 2022
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameKayleigh Best
Research Scientist I/II, Protein Biochemistry ~ Watertown, MA
**no PhD required**
BioTalent are partnered with an early-stage, VC-backed oncology biotherapeutics start-up who are looking for a Research Scientist to join their growing team.
In this position, you will:
- Expressing proteins by transient transfection.
- Utilizing and optimizing protein purification schemes to isolate proteins of interest.
- Performing biochemical characterization of proteins by analytical SEC/SDS-PAGE/BLI/other in vitro assays.
- Developing and applying cell-based assays to characterize protein function.
- Performing bacterial transformations & extraction of plasmid DNA.
- Maintaining mammalian cell cultures.
- Accurately reporting results and methods, including recording information in an electronic lab notebook.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree, with 4+ years of lab experience, including 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience with recombinant protein expression, characterization & purification
- Experience with bacterial transformation/DNA extraction.
- Experience with biochemical assays, including SPR/BLI and ELISA(s), cell-based assays, SDS-PAGE and western blot
Please apply to this posting or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation to learn more!