BioTalent is pleased to be working with an exciting early-stage biotechnology company developing the next generation of cancer immunotherapies. You will be joining a motivated, enthusiastic and close-knit team of biology scientists in central London. As a Lab Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running, organisation and compliance of the lab. With joining a small biotechnology company, you will learn and develop quickly, wearing multiple hats and contributing to some routine lab work as well. This includes some molecular biology, biochemistry and cell culture experiments.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the smooth running of the laboratory by organising the lab and tissue culture areas.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems within the laboratory and office settings.
- Be accountable for ordering and maintaining laboratory stocks.
- Manage the purchases and receipts of orders, ensuring adherence to company policies.
- Act as key contact for facility management companies and equipment servicing providers.
- Responsible for the cell and sample banking. Ensuring all biological materials are deposited and maintained in repositories, with full traceability.
- Responsible for ensuring the laboratory is Health and Safety compliant at all times.
- Support drug discovery goals through cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
You will have:
- BSc or MSc in a biological or biomedical subject or equivalent.
- 2+ years of laboratory management experience and/or responsibilities.
- Experience with data management tools (e.g. Agresso) and COSHH/EHS support.
- Hands on experience with basic cell culture and/or molecular biology techniques is highly advantageous.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity or to recommend a valued professional from your network, you can share your CV to or reach out via email@example.com.
BioTalent Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this opportunity.