This exciting opportunity offers a chance to work with a modernised multidisciplinary CRO based in Cambridge, UK. The Histology Scientist will be part of a leading organisation, delivering novel therapeutics into clinical stage development and offering tailored services to clients of all sizes.
This role will offer you:
- Satisfaction of work, working with a variety of engaging projects.
- Opportunities for further training and professional development.
- A supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Independently working with fixed and frozen tissues using established and specialist stains through processing and sectioning to the production of superior histology studies.
- Contributing to creative and exciting in-vivo projects.
- Planning the histological component of in-house studies.
- Equipment maintenance, procurement of consumables/products.
- Assisting with the day to day running of the Histology laboratory.
You will bring the following:
· PhD/MSc/BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent qualification/experience.
· Practical experience in a biological, medical or pharmaceutical research environment.
· Experience in the preparation of human or laboratory animal tissues.
· Experience or interest in acquiring experience in, quantitative histology.
o Desirable - Experience of frozen tissue preparation.
o Desirable - Experience of immunohistochemistry techniques and other methods of tissue-based expression analysis.
o Desirable - Experience of digital imaging and graphing simple data sets.
Please use the contact details below if you would like to learn more about this opportunity!
Telephone: +44 (0)2033438780 or +44 (0)2037289989
BioTalent Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this opportunity.